Wednesday 12 September 2012

My rant on Pink.

The debate of whether pink is a girl's color or isn't has been going on for a very long time. I mean this whole idea of pink being associated with girls clothes gloss, barbies and that this color belongs to girl, in my opinion is quite ridiculous.

 Pink is an amazing color, I love pink, I put pink in everything of mine, for me pink is a color that looks good in anything. Pink shoes, pink cricket grips, it goes with everything. So for me, this whole idea of pink being a girl's color is absolute garbage. Pink can be for both sexes, if you like the color then you like the color. It doesn't make you girly.

 So if you love the color pink and your a boy, and your afraid that you'll be weird than don't be afraid. Pink is for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post Rohan, I like that you love pink and have chosen to make it more masculine. Interesting enough though, I cringe when I see my daughter's wearing it, because it reinforces the stereo type.

    So the real question here is about stereo types and expected gender roles--what does it mean to be a man or a women? How do our cultures deal with these roles? How, when or why do we challenge them?

    This is a huge topic and I would love for you to continue to explore it. We can bring it up in class, it will come up in texts, and you can continue to write about here.

    Where do gender roles originate? Why do we embrace them? How and when should we change them? What are the expected roles of men and women in your culture?

    Lot's to digest. Pick a place and take a bite. How about you class? What do think? Girls? Boys? Share your thoughts below in the comments.

    ReplyDelete